Monday, March 5, 2018

Irish Day!


I am mostly Irish on both my mother and father's side (with some Welsh, French, and German thrown in there). I think we are good strong peasant stock or something :) 
I love St. Patrick's Day and always celebrate it, I may even be better at sending cards then than I am for most holidays or special occasions. Maybe because there is a lull around March and I can actually get things mailed out in time? Who knows.
The vintage image is designer paper from Authentique found at my local scrapbook store in Edmonds, Wa. I found some fairly old Stampin' Up! designer paper in olive and what looks like celery or mellow moss that I used for the layout on a Crumb Cake card base. Embellished with some crinkly ribbon and sequins. Colored the narrow ribbon with ink pads for the green. 
For The Card Concept Challenge found HERE to use monochromatic green.

3 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Love your vintage image and the lovely ribbon bow! A sweet St. Pat's card!

Cat Craig said...

Wonderfully vintage card. You chose layers perfectly, it all looks wonderful.

Julie Gearinger said...

This is so cute and perfect for St. Patrick's Day!! Love all of the green and your vintage image- thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept! Hugs and we hope you can join us again soon :-)