Monday, July 3, 2017

Happy Fourth of July


Happy Fourth of July to all and Happy Canada Day to our dear neighbors!
For the CAS challenge to show your patriotism and the technique challenge to use shaving cream (and make your card smell nice!)
I tried various papers with this technique- Whisper White, glossy, shimmer white and Ranger specialty stamping paper. This last one was my favorite. It held up really well and took the ink the best.
I softened the look of it with a piece of vellum that was gold embossed with fireworks and our Statue of Liberty. I have made the climb to the top of this statue a few times and it is really spectacular. If you ever get a chance, visit her and Ellis Island. It is an emotionally moving experience.
God Bless all nations with peace and prosperity! Have a happy and safe holiday, y'all.

1 comment:

*Vicki* said...

Really amazing design!! I just love how you've created your background here and the embossed fireworks are perfect!! :)