Saturday, March 29, 2014

Beauty of Life

 
The Shopping Our Stash challenge was to use your oldest tree stamp. My first thought was Lovely As A Tree but I have had this Beauty Of Life Stampin' Up! set even longer. I had put it into my ebay pile since I lost my Dad this year and it made me too sad to look at it. I retrieved it and I'm using it now to send cards for the troops to send home to their Dad's while they are so far away. All supplies for both cards are all Stampin' Up! The second card uses Sail Away and a brayered background of Lavender and Pacific Point on glossy cardstock. Doodled the border with the Basic Black marker fine tip.

5 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

that is a set I have never seen but you made a beautiful card with it, and what a wonderful thought to send for the troops. Thanks for playing along with the Oldest Tree stamp challenge at SOS.

lauren bergold said...

what an incredibly lovely card, and it's made even more beautiful by the fact that you've channeled your sadness into a wonderful cause... father's day cards for the troops are an AWESOME (& generous) thing to make! !! ♥♥♥ thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (tree stamp!) STASH with us this week! ♥

Patti said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I imagine your Dad would have buttons busting to think of you sending your beautiful cards to men still fighting the battle!

(((Hugs)))

Donna said...

So sorry for your loss. What a thoughtful project to make cards for the troops! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!
~~donna~~

Leslie Hanna said...

What they all said. A lovely tribute to your Dad, and what a great cause, too.