Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New at scrapbooking


An attempt to begin scrapbooking, I started with the new sketch from ODBD and used the Brocade background stamp. This is a picture of my son from about four years ago with his robot valentine mailbox from school. I just wanted to pick a picture to try out the 8" x 8" page size and so on. Random scrapper that I am, I know I should get everything in chronological order first but I probably would never get it all done that way :) I have done a couple of pages in my life and am not cozy with it all yet but hope to learn as I go. It's just a bigger card, right?

7 comments:

Patter Cross said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe you call this an attempt! This is BEAUTIFUL! Is this your first scrapbook page? WOW! And love the 8x8 size. I use the same size for my pages. The background stamp was perfect for this, and such a wonderful, wonderful page! Thank you for playing along with our new ODBD scrapbook challenge! I am so excited to have you joining us with this great creation! Blessings,

Lizzie Laine said...

Great job, looks great!

Chrissy D said...

Joanne - this is WONDERFUL!!! I love your flourish and design and choice of papers. Thank you so much for joining us in the ODBD Let Your Light Shine Challenge! We are glad you joined us and hope you will join us again!

Peggy said...

Beautiful scrapbook page!! I was an avid scrapbooker until stamping took over my life! I am going to do more this year and even posted a page on my blog a week or so ago. Chronological order??? No way!! Just scrap what you like. It is more fun!!

Francie G. said...

This is fabulous, Joanne! Looks like you are a natural at this, can't believe this is your first! Love the details and your subject is precious. Beautifully done!

Saints Rule! said...

Very beautiful page! If this is an attempt, I can't wait to see a full fledged creation! :-) Wonderful job!

Grace said...

Oh I do love your page Joanne! I think trying to get everything chronological is what was keeping me from getting going too.... random is better!!! Then we can get a few done here and there! Your page looks great! Thanks for sharing it with ODBD!!!