Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Countdown Calendar


Every year I make a Christmas Countdown calendar for my son. I thought he had outgrown it but yesterday he told me he still loves doing this. I guess you are never too old for chocolate! Each day he puts a heart sticker on that date and gets his candy :) The heart stickers are removable and will be used again for valentines and the calendar will become a scrapbook page for this year's Christmas. I hate to throw anything away!
Calendar and Holiday Sampler sets by Stampin' Up. The paper is Candy Cane Christmas with Real Red and Whisper White cardstocks. The letters are Heidi Swapp chipboard run through the Xyron and then covered with red glitter.
Create a memory today, they grow up so fast.

6 comments:

Benzi said...

What a neat idea! I want one so I have get a piece of chocolate every day. LO Great to use for Valentine's and then as a lasting memory on a scrapbook page. BTW, you're right, they are grown before you know it.

Francie G. said...

What a fabulous idea, Joanne! So clever and creative! Glad your son still likes to do these things! They grow up so fast. Enjoy!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a fabulous idea this is!! Where were you when my children and grandchildren were smaller??? And who doesn't love chocolate!!!

Mary Marsh said...

how sweet that your son still wants his countdown calendar-kids wany togrow up way to fast-I really like the calendar and a great scrapbook page as well

JulieA said...

That's really cute, Joanne. And how sweet that your son hasn't outgrown the calendar yet! Todd and I had the same conversation and I was razzing him about not needing an advent calendar any more. His response? "It's still free chocolate..."

Virgo5 said...

Fabulous idea and such a great keepsake!