Wednesday, August 4, 2010

While I Wait Wednesday


I always have some little projects going to keep me busy while I am waiting for my son at his piano lesson. I should probably be walking for exercise during this time but the conditions have to be just right. No rain, heat, not too much sun... Excuses, excuses.
Today I worked on using up some of my old designer paper as I have more on it's way. This is a great project to use those small scraps you can't seem to throw away. I used two different double sided paper designs and cut them in long 12" strips and rolled them up with my quilling tool. You could do this by hand but the tool makes it much easier, quicker, and tighter. Roll them up and drop them in a clear glass ornament ball. I give it a little shake every so often as I fill it. You could do this any time, while watching tv, etc.

9 comments:

~Leslee~ said...

What a great idea Joanne! And it validates buying more DSP...love it!

Melissa Hungria said...

You're brilliant. I never use all my designer paper, and I haven't quilled in forever. Thanks for the fabulous idea! You've found another follower in me!

eva said...

How lovely

Vera said...

Awesome idea, Joanne! Your ornament is gorgeous!

Created By You said...

Very fun 'while I wait' project.. love it!!

Wanda Cullen said...

This is such a cool, creative idea for an ornament!! Love it!

TrishG said...

Really fun! Love the rolled up paper. Great idea!

Melina said...

This is a wonderful idea! I'm going to have to make some of these for my tree this year!!! Wow! :)

Pam Hornschu said...

I love this! Very clever way to use up scraps.