Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Daisy Day


Today's SCS teapot inspiration was also combined with the color challenge. At first I thought I didn't have any daisy images so probably wouldn't be able to play. And then I began to think Say What??? If I can't come up with something that looks like a daisy out of this room full of stamping stuff, something is wrong. Now I can't think of anything but daisies and all of the things I own that would absolutely work. Hopefully I will get a few of these ideas on to paper to share with you.
This is my first thought from just looking at what was on my desk (the Something Sweet set and sweet treat cups). I filled the cup with all of the yellow Reese's Pieces and ate the rest. I used the handle from the baby rattle stamp as the petals, embossed in white. The rest of the card uses today's colors of Banana, Olive, and Ballet Blue along with some retired designer paper and the ladybug from Because of You.

9 comments:

LeAnne said...

HAH! This is so cute, especially the part about eating all the non-yellow pieces..that would be me. You have created an adorable, fun card!!

Betty Wright said...

Joanne, this is totally fabulous and delicious! LOVE how you mind thinks! Especially love your comment about eating all of the non-yellow reese pieces! Great card!

Unknown said...

Very cute...wouldn't have guessed that was the rattle handle...

Crystal said...

Joanne BEAUTIFUL!! LOVE the flower center what a GREAT idea!

Bonnie McLain said...

Joanne, this is really a wonderful card... LOL.. did you really eat the rest of them??? LOL... oh my goodness. Anyway I love the flower and the creativity that went into this card.. lovely. Thanks for the resist technique... worked on some today... Had fun with it... thanks

Wanda Cullen said...

Well, Joanne, you get an A plus for creativity! Eating the candy sounds good, too! :-)

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a creative idea joanne-I laughed at your story -such nice work for both challenges

Edna Morrisedie said...

Fab build of the daisy, nice that you applied creativity of a different order to this task... PS I would have eaten all of the Reese's if they were anywhere near me, finding those in Australia is like finding hen's teeth... and when you do find them they are like $4...

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

No really, this is on the way to me, isn't it??? You ate the rest of the pieces of Reese's?? Naughty. And fun! Great card, GF!!