Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Woven Pillow Box Basket


I used all Stampin' Up supplies, retired SU paper, Whisper White cardstock, Pretties Kit silk flowers, corduroy buttons, flower brads. This basket was cased from SouthernBellStamper, Connie. Thanks Connie, I loved this idea using SU's pillow box Sizzix die! You use 4 pillow box die cuts and adhere at corners to form your box. I used strips of paper and a weaving pattern on the panels on all four sides. The cardstock panel pieces were 3 1/8x 2 1/8" with the strips on top.

13 comments:

Becky said...

This is beautiful, and love the flower, so soft and elegant.

Julia Aston said...

What a pretty box Joanne (you know I love all kinds of boxes!) and your daisy looks terrific!

Sharon Graham said...

Love the weaving and lacy flaps.

Crystal said...

AWWWW Joanne what a beautiful basket!!!! Great colors and love love that added flower!!! LOVE how you did the handles too!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Joanne.. I love the size.. I need to try one of these.. I love these kinds of projects but don't do them...Great job..

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

So cute! Love the weaving!

Anonymous said...

Lovely Easter project! So pretty!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful Basket Joanne!! Love the flower and the sheer elegance!
hugs,
Chris

Jaspere said...

Wow! This is lovely. The flower adds just the right touch.

Jacquel said...

What an adorable basket Joanne! I love the dsp you used & the flower is the perfect embellishment...fab work my friend & tfs!!!
Hugs,
Jackie

Jacquel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JulieA said...

Beautiful!!!! Love the silk flower and the button and the flower brad...they compliment each other so beautifully!

Lisa Hensley said...

how cute is this???