Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Vacation


We just returned from the East Coast and a visit to our families. We spent a lot of time around the Atlantic City area and in Philadelphia.
My husband grew up in Margate, NJ and this first picture is the landmark Lucy the Elephant. Many years ago it used to be a hotel.

I absolutely love American History and there is no better place to go for that than Philadelphia. To stand in the room where the Declaration Of Independence was signed really moved me. There is so much to see in this part of the city, I wish we had more time. The following are photos of Independence Hall, Washington Square (we took a haunted ghost tour of the city at night), and of course the Liberty Bell.



7 comments:

JulieA said...

You mean that people stayed INSIDE the elephant? Oh my! Wow! How totally cool is that??? Hope you had a fabulous time.

Abi Bundy said...

I loved Atlantic city!!!! and new jersey is lovely wish i could go back one day. The taj mahal was amazing inside! and the beaches oh my word what can i say......

Veronica Z said...

We live about 3 hours from Phillie and hope to visit this summer! We are big History buffs so I know we will love it as much as you did! Glad you had a great time!

Joan Ervin said...

What awesome pictures, Joanne...looks like you had a wonderful time!!! I would love to go there someday!!!

Julia Aston said...

what a great trip you had Joanne! DH and I went to a wedding in Philly last year and saw all the same sites you picture - isn't it a great city!

Anne Harada said...

Goodness, what a great trip!! Thanks for posting pictures for us!! And it's good to have you back!!

Deb said...

Yea Wow! People stayed in the elephant? Don't you just love seeing America's history? Someday hopefully hubby and I can go back east to take in all the rich history of our country. Great pictures!