Saturday, April 25, 2009

Thoughts & Prayers


If you get a chance this weekend, head on over to Splitcoast for the Virtual Stamping Night. The theme is Las Vegas and the challenges are a lot of fun. My card shown here is to use as much gold as possible. I embossed the Bella Toile background in gold on metallic gold and Whisper White cardstocks. Gold embossed sentiment and image from Thoughts & Prayers set in gold and added mini pearls.













My sweet husband took me to Las Vegas for our 10 year anniversary and we were lucky enough to see this Cirque du Soleil production of Love. It was the most amazing, incredible thing I have ever seen.
My card is based on the cd cover and the song All You Need Is Love. When I think of Vegas I think of weddings so I used the silhouette stamp from Artful INKables. Other stamps used were Stitched Exotics, Polka Dots & Petals, Groovy by Close To My Heart.
If you can't get to Vegas to see this, at least get the cd, it is mixed so beautifully you will absolutely love it!!

13 comments:

mudmaven said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! So elegant. Love the embossing and the pearls are just the perfect touch! ~chris

love said...

What a great site. I found you by just looking around. God's peace to you. SB come on over and visit. I'm based in Oregon and I photograph all over the world.

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

I am so jealous- but happy for you- I want to see that SO BAD! Love the cards- you work is allways inspiring!!!

Jaspere said...

Both of these are just so in theme and awesome.

Jacquel said...

Love it Joanne and thanks for the info!

toners said...

Oh wow! I love the Beatles-inspired one! Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

its wonderful, I hope I have time to play tonight.

Elizabeth said...

These are so pretty! I was too tired after my clinical round to participate in the VSN. Hope you had a lot of fun!

Sara said...

Oh my gosh, Joanne, these are beautiful, I especially like the gold one, very nice.

Neva said...

Oh how fun Joanne. I had an opportunity to go to Vegas a couple of yrs ago and passed it up :( Glad you went and had a great time. These are both just fantastic.

laos348 said...

Fabulous cards! I really like the gold toile behind that stamp set - so pretty.

Becky said...

How did I miss these ??, I love the praying for you card, love them both :) but this is is stunning.

Anonymous said...

Both creations are stunning but I particularly like the all the gold you can do...It is so well done...and not overdone!...very cool.