Thursday, April 16, 2009

Simple Friendship


Two challenges in one! Today's limited supply challenge was to use 1 image, 1 sentiment, 1 embellishment, and a wheel. I combined this with our weekly Doubledog Dare Challenge this week hosted by Anne (jdmommy) to use red, black, and white. We'd love to have you join us! Cardstock colors are Real Red, Whisper White, and Basic Black. I embossed the It's Beautiful jumbo wheel with Versamark and clear embossing powder. I pierced all along where the little dots were throughout this design. Took a while but I persevered! Image and the sentiment was stamped in black and then colored with red marker. My one embellishment was a clear rhinestone brad and these images were popped up on dimensionals. Hope you like it. Happy Friday to you all, the weekend is almost here!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Holy smokes is that pretty! I love it!! The way you did the circle is awesome!! TFS!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Beautiful and elegant...Have a great weekend

Abi Bundy said...

i love the embossing with the wheel very pretty!

Elena said...

I really love the embossing! So elegant!

Anonymous said...

Such a lot of work...worth it though, coz the card turned out stunningly, I think!

mudmaven said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Everything works so perfectly on this card. Great job! ~chris

Anne Harada said...

Love the embossing techinque on the Dreams deJour card!! And there's that cute genie set again, really adorable!! Great coloring Joanne!!

Deb said...

I love the simplicity of your card even though it was a challenge. Sometimes just 1 or two items make the card. I may have to case this...awesome!

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Great detail- love the piercing done on the background- I bet this one is better in person, but when enlarged I can see the detail better!

Veronica Z said...

I love the embossed background! I am going to have to try that. This card is fabulous!