Monday, April 13, 2009

Metal Embossed Fifth Avenue Floral


Roll of metal foil was purchased at Michael's. Stamp flower on foil using black Staz On.

Close Up.
Cut out flower. Highlight veins and center of flower using a Sharpie marker. Other markers (SU and Copics did not work on the foil.) Using a dry embossing stylus, lightly trace black stamped lines.

Flip flower over and dry emboss along lightly etched lines, applying a bit more pressure.
For the flower center I used SU liquid glue, some of the small silver beads from the Pretties kit and sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds. I love my little scoop that I use for sprinkling on all of my embossing powders and glitters. It is a Baskin Robbins Christmas ornament and the little spoon is the perfect size and looks pretty cute on my desk.

Close up of finished flower. The Dazzling Diamonds give the photo more colors, it is pretty much all silver in real life, not multi-colored.

22 comments:

Becky said...

This is just stunning, love this flower and thanks for the tutorial for it :), must try this.

Jacquel said...

Love it Joanne! tfs!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Wow!! Very cool!!!

mudmaven said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love that snowman - how cute. ~chris

Carisa said...

OMG that is goregous!!!

Sharri said...

That flower is beautiful! I love your card! Thank you for the tutorial!

Ann said...

That flower is AWESOME! I love it!

Unknown said...

oh wow!
you are so talented!

Sharon Graham said...

Wow Joanne, this is gorgeous. I love all the details such as the coloring, glitter, beads in the center of the flower.

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

That is sooo cool....your flower looks like Jewlery! I love flowers...I love jewlery! It just dosen't get better!

Anonymous said...

This is stunning Joanne. I would do more metal stuff...but the sheets of metal shim are just way too expensive!

Sara said...

Very cool

eva said...

Exceptionally, and charming.

toners said...

WOW!!! Just - well, WOW!!

Miss Molly said...

GREAT JOB!!!! This card is beautiful!

Jaspere said...

Wow!! This is fantastic. I'll definitely have to try this soon.

Crystal said...

What a stunning embellishment ! Thanks for a fav tutorial on this ! Will give it a try.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous...I love the technique you used!...and the BR ornament LOL

Abi Bundy said...

wow what a great technique i am definitely trying this!!!!

Veronica Z said...

So very pretty! TY for posting "how to" pics!

Elena said...

This card is fabulos! I really love embossing on the metal! Thank you so much for the tutorial!!!
I made once card with metal embossing too. But it was not as pretty as yours!

Joan Ervin said...

Gorgeous, Joanne...what a wonderful idea to add the beads to the center of that fabulous metal flower...great tutorial, too!!!