Monday, April 27, 2009

Fresh Cuts Marble Technique


I used Baja Breeze ink on Going Gray cardstock for the marble technique. Use a plastic stamp case and tape cardstock to lid. Add a couple drops of re-inker to bottom and drop in a couple of marbles and roll them around. Turn this container upside down and roll around on your cardstock. I'm sure if you don't have marbles you could used large beads or ball bearings. 5/16" Neutrals brads and Basic Gray taffeta ribbon to embellish.
Walk in The Park paper along with Basic Gray & Black cardstock. Highlighted areas of Fresh Cuts image with Pretty In Pink and Blush Blossom markers.
Also for our weekly Three Amigas challenge to make a gray monochromatic card.

13 comments:

Gramrussell said...

This is such a great technique. Love the way it turned out!

Becky said...

Great technique, must try this, but the card is gorgeous.

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful. I love the colors you chose Joanne. Such a great technique and your color combo is one of my favs. TFS

Joan Ervin said...

I never would have thought to use Baja Breeze and Going Gray...it looks fabulous, Joanne!!! Love the stamp you used and the cool layout, too!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the whole thing...but the wee tinge of pink is just so right!

Love the old marble trick...comes up pretty doesn't it?

Jaspere said...

Love that technique. It looks so good.

JazzyH said...

Great technique. Great colors.

xiumaiyuki said...

Can I case this? It's gorgeous! love those gray hues and a little dash of pink together!!! I have not heard of the marble technique...will have to try it out! Thanks!

JulieA said...

That is so pretty, Joanne! I love how you did it all in gray except for that soft splash of pink. Very effective!

Unknown said...

oh your card came out wonderful., I need to try that technique

Deb said...

Love your card Joanne! I would have never thought to put those two colors together. I really like the idea of the technique and think I will have to try it out.:)

Vicki Burdick said...

great card!!

Angela said...

Really pretty, love this color combo.